Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week 9- FIRST BAPTISM!!!


Hola Familia y Amigos (check out how much my spanish has improved!)
 
This week was rather interesting for me, and exciting too with my first baptism!
 
We taught and baptized this 14 year old girl for the past 3 weeks and reactivated her mom all at the same time! It was really great for only my 4th week here! Her name is Elizabeth. I really couldn´t have asked for a cooler experience than my first baptism before my 1 month mark here. The only thing we have left to teach her is that she can´t be going out and making out with her palolo like crazy... She´s 14. But that´s just the way stuff goes down here in Chile haha. I have a lot of faith and hope in her to stay active. That seems to be the hardest thing to do here, to keep your converts active. But we have this thing in place here called OPERATION ALMA. Which is instead of dividing up the sector into smaller areas and assigning specific missionaries to each area. We all work together in the same city just with different assignments. Two elders here in Victoria are in charge of going out and teaching and finding investigators, while me and elder Miyasaki are in charge of recent converts and menos activos. We have found this to be the most effective way of working here in this Mission and have had a great deal of success with it from what i´ve heard and seen.
 
Today almost marks one month here in Chile, and as such I had the goal set to stop studying the scriptures in English with spanish, and now solimente study in Spanish in an attempt to really improve my language skills. Hopefully I will start to see the results as I put more faith in the lord.
 
I had an interesting week with my trainer though, because he got called away to have interviews in Concepcion and Santiago this past week and so I went out teaching with an assistant to the Mission President who actually leaves to go home in one week. This guy, my grandpa in missionary geneology because he´s the father of my father (trained my trainer) was a STUD of a missionary. And helped me make progress on one of my investigators who I had beed hitting a brick wall with the past 2 weeks, and now we can continue to progress with her and have hopes to baptize her in September.
 
September is going to be a HUGE MONTH FOR US!!!! WE ALREADY HAVE 10 BAPTISMS LINED UP FOR NEXT MONTH AND THE COMING WEEK!!!!
 
As always my testimony continues to grow more and more each week.
 
Hasta luego,
Elder Mundell

No comments:

Post a Comment