Thursday, July 4, 2013

Week 2


You TOTALLY need to send me a care package! Like, en serio! Just with some little treats, aaaaand maybe if you're feeling super awesome a tie or two. REALLY COOL ONES WITH SWEET DESIGNS!!! They changed the mission rules and now we can wear whatever tie we want :) so please please por favor send me some sick, fresh ties! You can look up my mailing address on my Facebook. ASAP por favor too... I don't have that much time left here at the MTC and its pretty tought to mail packages to Chile. :) Gracias!
 
So here's the lo-down for the past week:
 
I'm doing awesome! Seriously, I'm really loving it here and being a missionary! The spirit has never been so strong and such a guiding influence on my life as it has been here at the MTC! I've had SOOOO many great memorable moments already and I'm not even half way done with my time here! Yesterday marked the beginnning of my 3rd week at the MTC!!! I can't believe it! I'm 25 days away from going to Chile now. Needless to say, I'M PUMPED!!!!!!
 
Every Sunday and Tuesday we have devotionals and they are the most amazing thing in the world. On those days I easily write at LEAST 3 - 4 pages in my journal full of inspirational and spiritual thoughts that I can't wait to look back on and remember later on in the future. This Tuesday we had Brother Matthew O. Richardson, 2nd Counselor in the General Sunday School Presidency, talk at our devotional and this guy is a total Stud in my books (in Spanish we'd call him "Capo" = Stud). He told the neatest story about his mission and also of President McKay's mission in Scotland where he came across this stone that changed his mission and his life. It had a quote on it that read, "What e'er thou art. Act well thy part." Then the message Bro. Richardson shared combined with quotes from President McKay's actual journal was probably the coolest thing I've ever heard. To summarize what was said, pretty much we all have a purpose in this life. We've all had the experiences we've faced to make each one of us unique and at the same time, able to relate with the joys and stuggles of others -- Perfect message for missionaries to hear.
 
I have also come across the GREATEST HYMN EVER SUNG! Everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) needs to listen to it. It's called "I Love The Lord" sung by a BYU Priesthood Choir in the April 2007 Priesthood session of conference. Since I first heard it on sunday, I've probably listened to it about 30 times, no joke!
 
Today as you may be aware is July 4th! So get this... There's a Kelly Clarkson concert going on across the street from the MTC and FIREWORKS, and we get to watch/listen to the whole thing. Tonight is going to be so cool! I haven't heard real music in what feels like a millenium. I'm starting to have withdrawals from music... I can't think of a single day where I haven't listened to music and now I've been doing it for the past 3 weeks. Let's give Elder Mundell a round of applause for that hahaha ;)
 
On a related note... the Elders and I have formed a little vocal band... Seriously, I don't know how we got to be so freaking cool! The way it all got started was pretty spontaneous too. The other night I was singing "7 Nation Army" by The White Stipes in our room when my 3 other companions all joined in with bass lines, drums, and symbol sounds while I SLAYED THE VOCALS!!!! Hahahaha. It was the coolest, funniest thing to happen in our room yet! Not to mention the fact that it's pretty ironic how I used to never sing anything and now I cant stop singing songs and hymns just anytime out of the blue. I even participate in every choir opportunity they have here (except for the sundaybroadcast a few weeks ago).
 
And now the moment you've all been waiting for....... FUNNY STORY OF THE WEEK!
 
Our district is super close to one another and we take breaks all the time from sudying just to share stories and get to know each other really well. So last night one of the girls in my district was reading one of her letters out loud and found out that her older sister had just had a baby and named it after some beach in Australia (cool idea right!) So then I tell them how I totally wanna name my son something cool, give him a name that no one else would have. I told these Sisters that I was going to name my son Glutteus Maximus Mundell. At that point 2 of our 3 Hermanas started giggling, but the funny story happens because of this 3rd Sister... She said "Oh, that name sounds so familiar! Who is that?" And there was NO WAY I was going to let this opportunity slip, so I just had some fun with it. "Yeah, Glutteus Maximus was this super famous Roman soldier! He was always in the rear of the formations, in the back behindeveryone else. He was a pretty crappy fighter though..." It was so funny! I was using all these butt puns and she still wasn't catching on until I finally told her that Glutteus Maximus actually meant your butt. Hahahahaha
 
Well that's it for this week. Please keep the emails comeing. USE DEARELDER.COM SO I CAN GET YOUR EMAILS IN THE MAIL AND READ THEM DURING THE WEEK AND NOT HAVE TO STRUGGLE TO READ THEM ALL DURING MY ONE HOUR OF INTERNET USE PER WEEK. Hahaha, I don't think I can emphasise enough how usefull of a tool that is for me.
 
Thank you for all the love and support,
 
Elder Mundell

No comments:

Post a Comment